Monday, November 26, 2007

I absolutely love this time of year... somehow I revert to childhood and everything seems magical again. I love the cards, the bustle of holiday shoppers, the constant Christmas music, the decorations, the story in Luke, the family time we spend together. I wish I had this feeling all year round, but maybe that is why it is so magical. People for 25 days open their hearts and homes. We are a little kinder, a little gentler, a little warmer. I think our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ must be happy when this time of year comes around, a little less work in the heavens I would assume. It's too bad that sometimes we get caught up in hustle and bustle that is sometimes associated with this season and forget to lie under the Christmas tree and read The Night Before Christmas, to turn on the music when we wash dishes, to take our babies in our arms and tell them the real story of Christmas, to visit the 1st and 2nd grade Christmas plays, to just take the time and fill our hearts with joy... May we all take a little time this Holiday season to really feel the spirit of Christmas and remember that silent of all silent and holy of all holy nights.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, what's Christmas without the Grinch, love that story! Well, Littlest Pet Shop is about all I've gotten the girls so far, ugh, having trouble this year :) We got them pets 205, 206, 209, 5, 197, 198. They came in sets of two. Hope that helps, we're going to hide them in the tree on Christmas morning, fun! Enjoy the month-see you all so soon!