So I have a nutty sister-in-law that actually LIKES to be pregnant. While I LOVE the outcome of being pregnant, 9 months of fathood def. does not rank in the things I "like."
In lieu of Thanksgiving, this is what I have been reveling in the past week and why I am grateful not to be prego anymore...
1. I can see my toes standing up.
2. I can shave my legs without thinking the risk is not worth the outcome.
3. I can be in the same room as people and not want to vomit because I can smell their breath.
4. I don't have to unbutton my pants every time I sit down.
5. I don't have to urinate upwards of 12 times in a 24 hour period.
6. I don't have heartburn and have to chew down disgusting tums several times a week.
7. I can lay on my back and my stomach!
8. I don't have crazy dreams that freak me out.
9. I can eat a full meal and not be hungry again for hours.
10. I can wear my own clothes again! (Got pretty tired of Lorens t-shirts and my sweats combo.)
11. My pelvic bone and hips don't hurt anymore.
12. I can play SPORTS again!
13. My energy levels are consistent and not constantly up and down.
14. I am DONE with the horrendous pain that is labor.
I would do it over and over and over again because these babes sent to me are the best thing that have ever happened to me. I get to be a Mommy. Me. The self-centered jock has finally realized what it is to love and serve and give of myself completely. All the things I've had to give up to be a Mom don't make a drop in the bucket for all that I've received getting to be a Mommy. I am more blessed that I ever thought possible.