Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Thankful...

I'm super healthy,
My kids are incredible,
My husband takes amazing care of me and the kis,
I have truth in my life,
I live in the greatest place on earth.

I am whining because I am a week overdo. Shame on me. For weeks I've prayed to Heavenly Father for patience, to be a better Mom, to be a better wife, to be grateful for the things I have. The Lord gives me an opportunity to practice that, and of course I fail miserably. So you will not hear me complain again. I will be grateful the baby is healthy and happy staying in my cozy tummy. I will be grateful for a few extra good nights of sleep. I will be grateful the Lord has allowed me to be a mother. Even if I have to wait a few extra days to meet this little soul, it's time to be "Thankful."

This song brings to tears to my eyes every time I hear it.

3 comments:

Shelley Patterson said...

That is so great that you have such a positive attitude. It's very hard to be positive when you're overdue. But you're sure doing a great job with it. Not much longer and the baby will be here.

tanya said...

What a beautiful reflection, you're a fantastic person! It won't be long!

linzy said...

oh carrie... i am so sorry... hopefully... you will look back and wonder what the "rush" was all about... maybe?... enjoy two right now... cuz i hear 3 is CRAZY!